Tintype Portraits at Grant Cottage Civil War Weekend
August 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
How long does it take for my tintype portrait?
About 15-20 minutes from the time you arrive until one tintype is completed.
Tips for your tintype portrait session:
• Because tintypes are one of a kind positive images, WORDS on any clothing will appear BACKWARD.
• Wear clothing with texture! For example, a solid black sweater may not show any contrast in your image. LACE tintypes well. A shirt with a pattern or solid shirt and a pattern scarf are also good choices.
• Some people wear hats, others dress in period clothing, this is not required.
• You can see examples of clothing on our website here: https://glensfallsart.com/adk-selfie/
• Sometimes it can be difficult for young children and pets to remain still for the image to be made.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SPECIAL EVENT PRICING!!
4×5″ inch tintype on the day of an event is only $45!
5×7″ inch tintype is $55.
You’ll receive $5 off each additional tintype made on the same day!
Prices include tax and shipping.
Email Craig to schedule: email@example.com
Making tintypes is always weather dependent – no tintypes in the rain or excessively cold temperatures.